The Region’s annual celebration of the Feast of Our Lady of the Angels of the Portiuncula will be Saturday, August 7, at Mayslake Village, 1801 35th St., Oak Brook. Lunch is $15 per person; however, attendees are welcome to bring their own lunches. In the morning, Br. Joe Middleton, OFM, Regional Spiritual Assistant, will speak on “The Franciscan Experience of the Portiuncula: Its Influence Then and Now”, and the film, Assisi: Home of St. Francis, will be shown in the afternoon.
- Secular Franciscans: It would be helpful if each fraternity minister (or a delegate) would send one email for the entire fraternity, as replies from individual attendees can become quite overwhelming. Therefore, we ask that fraternity ministers email Lorna Miressi, SFO, at viceminister @ ilofs.org (remove spaces) with the total number of attendees from their fraternities by July 26 (Monday).
- Guests and Others: Email Lorna Miressi, SFO, at viceminister @ ilofs.org (remove spaces) by July 26 (Monday).
Agenda (times are approximate)
NOTE: After Mass in the Chapel, all remaining activities will be in the Senior Center.
- 8:30 a.m.: Registration (outside of Chapel)
- 9 a.m.: Mass
- 9:45 a.m.: Continental Breakfast
- 10:15 a.m.: Br. Joe Middleton, OFM
- 11:45 a.m.: Lunch
- 1 p.m.: Film, Assisi: Home of St. Francis
- 2 p.m.: Evening Prayer
About Br. Middleton, OFM
Br. Joe Middleton, OFM is the Regional Spiritual Assistant, and is also the local spiritual assistant for St. Francis-St. Louis Fraternity (Chicago). Previously, he served as the Spiritual Assistant for the St. Clare Regional Fraternity. Br. Middleton entered the Order of Friars Minor in 1991 and has traveled several times to Assisi.
About the Film
In Assisi: Home of St. Francis, St. Francis (Christopher Jones) takes viewers on a tour of Assisi by visiting sites that played a significant role in his life. Assisi’s spiritual and mystical dimension, and its artistic and cultural heritage are explored, including its winding medieval streets, its squares, and its festivals.