The Region’s annual celebration of the Feast of Our Lady of the Angels of the Portiuncula will be Saturday, August 4, at Mayslake Village, 1801 35th St., Oak Brook. Lunch is $15 per person; however, attendees are welcome to bring their own lunches. In the morning, Br. Joe Middleton, OFM, Regional Spiritual Assistant, will speak on “Stories from a Pilgrim’s Perspective: The Holy Land 2012” and “Testamony from Outside the Comfort Zone”.
- Secular Franciscans: It would be helpful if each fraternity minister (or a delegate) would send one email for the entire fraternity, as replies from individual attendees can become quite overwhelming. Therefore, we ask that fraternity ministers email Bonnie Michels, OFS at fratlife @ ilofs.org (remove spaces) with the total number of attendees from their fraternities by July 27 (Friday).
- Guests and Others: Email Bonnie Michels, OFS at fratlife @ ilofs.org (remove spaces) by July 27 (Friday).
Agenda (times are approximate)
NOTE: After Mass in the Chapel, all remaining activities will be in the Senior Center.
- 8:30 a.m.: Registration (outside of Chapel)
- 9:00 a.m.: Mass
- 9:45 a.m.: Continental Breakfast
- 10:15 a.m.: Address
- 11:45 a.m.: Lunch
- 1:00 p.m.: Address
- 2:00 p.m.: Evening Prayer
About Br. Middleton, OFM
Br. Joe Middleton, OFM, who entered the Order of Friars Minor in 1991, is the Regional Spiritual Assistant and the local spiritual assistant for St. Francis-St. Louis Fraternity (Chicago). Previously, he served as the Spiritual Assistant for the St. Clare Regional Fraternity. Br. Middleton recently returned from the Holy Land and wants to share his experiences there with us.